Who can be a Clatsop County volunteer?
- Students, adults, groups and families are all welcome to apply for volunteer positions with Clatsop County. Volunteers must be at least 16 years old.
- High school and college students can earn credit by volunteering with the county. College students in a work-study program are also excellent candidates for volunteer positions with Clatsop County.
- Families and groups benefit from volunteering as a team in one of our "adopting" programs, such as Adopt-a-Road or Adopt-a-Park.
- Adults can have a say in their government by joining an advisory board or committee.
There are many different volunteer opportunities. If you have questions or need assistance, please contact Volunteer Coordinator Sue Farmer at (503) 325-1000 or by e-mail at email@example.com
To become a volunteer:
- Download the application form, fill it out and return it in person or by mail.
- Call the Volunteer Coordinator to request application materials at (503) 325-1000.
- Or stop by the department where you would like to volunteer and and request the application materials.
As a volunteer, you will receive:
- An interview to ensure a successful match between you and the volunteer job;
- An orientation to acquaint you with the county and the specific volunteer program;
- Training at the department where you volunteer;
- Recognition as a Clatsop County volunteer;
- An evaluation and feedback of your work by the department for which you volunteer.