Am I registered to vote?
Follow this link to see if you are registered in Clatsop County:
You may also call our office at (503) 325-8511 or send us an e-mail.
Am I eligible to vote?
You may register to vote if:
You are an Oregon resident.
You are a U.S. citizen or will be a U.S. citizen before election day.
You are 18 years old by election day.
You need to update your registration if:
You move or change your mailing address.
You change your name.
You wish to change your party affiliation.
Where can I find voter registration cards?
At the Clatsop County Elections Office, 820 Exchange Street, 2nd Floor, Astoria.
- At a U.S. Post Office, a public library or an Oregon Department of Motor Vehicles office.
You may also download and print a voter registration card.
What kind of identification do I need to register to vote?
The "Help America Vote Act of 2002" changed voter registration requirements nationwide when voting in federal elections.
Starting Jan. 1, 2006, all individuals registering to vote are required to provide the following identifying information with their registration application:
- If you have a current valid Oregon DMV Driver's License/ID, you must provide that number;
- If you do not have a current valid Oregon DMV Driver's License/ID, you must check the appropriate box on the registration form and provide the last four digits of your Social Security number.
If you do not have a current, valid Oregon DMV Driver's License/ID or a Social Security number, you must check the appropriate box on the registration form and provide a copy of one of the following:
- A current and valid photo identification that shows your name. If an expiration date is provided on the photo identification, that identification must not have expired; or
- A current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck, or other government document that shows your name and address. The address listed must match the residence or mailing address submitted on your voter registration card.
This identification must be received in order to complete your registration for the next Federal Election (an election in which a federal candidate is nominated or elected).
When filling out the registration card, you must furnish your full name, residence address (and mailing address, if different), date of birth, political party preference and your signature. Your residence address must be the address where you reside - not a post office box.
What is the registration deadline?
In order to vote, your registration card must be postmarked or received 21 days prior to election day. Party registration changes must be received at an elections office by the registration deadline.
What if I've moved?
If you are currently registered to vote in Clatsop County but have moved within the county, you will need to update your registration by completing a new registration card with your new address. You can mail it to us at: Clatsop County Elections, 820 Exchange St., Suite 220, Astoria, OR 97103.
What if I won't be home during the election?
You may request an absentee ballot be sent to you at another address. You can download and print an Absentee Ballot Request Form and mail, fax or drop off the completed form at the Elections office. Include your name, local address and mailing address where you want the ballot sent.
Can I send in my updated registration via e-mail?
No. You must mail or drop off your updated registration.
Do I need to register for each election?
No. You only need to update your registration if you change:
Your residence or mailing address.
Your political party affiliation.
Can I transfer my voter registration from another state or county?
No. You must register in Oregon in the county where you reside.