Prevention in Clatsop County
The focus of prevention efforts are to reduce common risk factors for alcohol, tobacco, and drug use while also increasing protective factors which build resistance to substance use and promote resiliency. Substance abuse prevention services in Clatsop County include community mobilization, parenting education, youth skill building programs, and community outreach/education.
Community mobilization: Strategic planning to enhance efficiency and effectiveness of services, coalition building, networking.
- Reduce Underage Drinking Task Force
- Substance Abuse Prevention Coalition
- North Coast Parenting (formerly Parent Training Advisory Committee)
Parenting education: Evidence-based programs and strategies to decrease family dysfunction and increase family bonding.
- Make Parenting a Pleasure/Haga de la Paternidad un Placer
- Strengthening Families 10-14/Fortaleciendo Familias 10-14
- Parenting Now
- Family Fun Nights
Youth skill building programs: Programs and strategies that create beliefs and clear standards around healthy, safe behaviors. These programs build attachment and bonding to schools, communities, and families by providing skills, meaningful opportunities for involvement, and positive recognition.
- Allies in Action
- Friendly PEERsuasion
- Youth Leadership Programs
- Afterschool Programs
- Merchant Education
- Reward and Reminder
- Minor Decoy
- Public Service Announcements
- Media Advocacy