Fair & Expo

CONTACT:

Fair & Expo

Gary Friedman, Manager
92937 Walluski Loop
Astoria, OR 97103

(503) 325-4600

Clatsop County Fair & Expo

Clatsop County Fair & Expo

 

Gary Friedman, Manager
Jack Ficken,
Fair Board chairperson

92937 Walluski Loop
Astoria, OR 97103
(503) 325-4600
fair@co.clatsop.or.us

See our web site at
www.clatsopfairgrounds.com

Year-Round Fun

 for Everyone!

                       

The Clatsop County Fair & Expo is located on 109 verdant acres overlooking the Wallooski River, just three miles from Astoria. The facilities include the 15,000-square-foot exhibit hall, a 40,000-square-foot indoor arena that seats 1,800 spectators; hard-surface parking for 1,000 cars; ample close-in parking for exhibitors; horse barns for 100; spacious outdoor entertainment and carnival areas; and other facilities.

The Clatsop County Fair Board, a citizen committee appointed by the Clatsop County Board of Commissioners, is charged by Oregon law with the management of the fairgrounds and county fair.

HOW TO CONTACT US:

  • Reach us by phone at: (503) 325-4600
  • Fax us at: (503) 325-5004
  • E-mail us at: fair@clatsop.or.us
  • Mail your inquiries to:

Clatsop County Fair & Expo
92937 Walluski Loop
Astoria, OR 97103

See our web site at www.clatsopfairgrounds.com

HOW TO FIND US:

Take Oregon Highway 202 east from Astoria for 3-1/2 miles.
Turn left on Walluski Loop Road (by the Oregon State Forestry Department office)
Just on your left is the fairgrounds.

OUR HISTORY:


The first Clatsop County Fair was held with the annual Astoria Regatta in 1905 at the Hedrick Theater at 12th and Duane streets in downtown Astoria. In 1911, the county granges brought the fair to Gearhart Park. By 1920, the fair had returned to downtown Astoria. The fair was held at the Port of Astoria from 1921 until 1941, when the fairground opened at 20th Street and Marine Drive at the east end of Astoria. This site was used through the 1994 season.

In 1994, Clatsop County turned over the old John Jacob Astor Experiment Station (more recently used as the Clatsop Community College farm) to the Fair Board for the new home. County voters approved a $1.995 million bond measure and, with revenue from the sale of the old site, for improvements. However, the county used accrued timber revenues to pay off bonds, and taxpayers never had to pay the bond measure.

Since opening in August 1995 at our present location, the fairground has been in constant use. Events have included concerts by Willie Nelson and Tracy Lawrence, monster trucks, mud bogs, car shows, swap meets, circus, go-kart races, wedding receptions, bazaars, banquets, meeting, indoor rodeos and many large RV rallies.